Take a look at some of these search rolls that have already been created:
Public Domain e-Books Search
Rare Book Library Search
Explore other rolls here.
1. Explore Rollyo and create an account for yourself.
2. Create a search roll for any subject you like.
3. Can you see a potential use for tools like this? Create a post in your blog with your thoughts and experience of making a search roll and put a link to the search roll you created.
4. Use your gmail account to email email@example.com with a link to your blogpost. Please put Exercise #15 in the subject heading.
OPTIONAL: Add your searchroll to your blog
- Go to Rollyo at http://www.rollyo.com/
- Click on DASHBOARD
- Scroll down the page and click on SEARCHBOX
- Put the name and URL of your blog in the place provided
- Click on the search rolls you want and click on the > arrow to transfer them into the into selected SEARCHBOX ROLLS box
- Go to STYLE and select the type of Rollyo icon you want (it will preview your selection)
- Go to the COPY AND PASTE CODE BOX. Highlight all the code that is in the box and copy it to your clipboard (highlight the code, go to edit on the toolbar and select copy OR hold down the Crtl key and click the C key at the same time)
- Sign into your blog and go to the dashboard
- Go to LAYOUT
- Select ADD AND ARRANGE PAGE ELEMENTS
- Select ADD A GADGET in the place you want your blogroll icon to show. (Side or bottom of your blog)
- Scroll down this page and select HTML/JAVA SCRIPT and click Add to Blog. This will lead you to a page that has a space to put (a) A title (b) Content
- Key in a title (Such as rollyo)
- Cut and paste the html contents you have copied into the CONTENTS. Do this by going to Edit on the toolbar and selecting paste OR hold the Ctrl Key on the keyboard down and click on the V key at the same time
- Click on SAVE CHANGES
- Preview your blog and the rollyo search should be on the template down the side of the page.