"Sandbox" is the term that wikis often use to describe the area of the website that should be used for pure play. For this discovery and exploration exercise, we have set up a whole NSL Learning 2.0 Wetpaint* that’s for nothing but play!
Discovery Exercise (#12):
1. Look at the following resources:
- Wetpaint - Find out how this collaborative tool can be used.
- Wetpaint - editing a page - A short " how to" video.
2. Explore the NSL Learning Wetpaint wiki. The theme of this wiki is simply “Favourites”: Favourite books, favourite holiday spots, favourite restaurants, favorite anything …all you need to do is play and add your thoughts.
3. Add an entry to the Favourite Blogs page, that's how we'll know that you've been there. (Tip: After you have clicked on 'edit', your cursor will appear in the left top corner. Place your cursor at the end of the page and press Enter to create a new line. Key in your blog name and add a link to it. Save your entry.) While you are there add some more entries to the other favourite lists if you want to experiment a bit more with the wiki.
4. Create a post in your blog about the experience.
5. Use your gmail account to email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your blog post. Please put Exercise #12 in the Subject Heading.